Cramping, Sodium, Women’s Hydration with Precision Hydration’s Andy Blow – Ask a Cycling Coach 260
Precision Hydration’s Andy Blow joins the podcast this week to discuss all things hydration, including dealing with muscle cramps, balancing your sodium levels, women’s specific hydration and more in Episode 260 of The Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- About Andy Blow and How Precision Hydration started
- How to increase your sweat rate if needed for your event
- Properly loading your body with sodium and electrolytes before an event
- How much salt an athlete should be getting in their diet
- What do the salt stains on your clothes after exercise mean?
- Sodium and hydration requirement differences for indoor vs outdoor workouts
- The effect of dousing yourself with water during exercise
- Why do cramps happen and what we can do to prevent them
- The role of sodium in cramping
- Women’s specific practices for proper hydration
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Full Transcription of Podcast
Please note this is an automated transcription and is prone to error. If you have any questions, please reference the timestamps in the podcast or video for further clarification. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org