News | RockShox Updates Monarch, RS-1, Maxle
SRAM seem to be on a roll lately, next up is updates from RockShox. There are updates to the Monarch RT3 Shock, a new remote and axle. The RS-1 is now available in 27.5″ with a white color option across all RS-1 models.
Monarch RT3 Updates
Monarch stands for smooth damping in a lightweight chassis, with coil-like performance thanks to its Solo Air spring with DebonAir option. For 2016 Monarch RT3 received some important damper updates, to enhance the shock’s performance and make it perfectly adaptable to each rider’s and ride’s characteristics.
Available: May 2015 (in all standard Monarch RT3 sizes and air can configurations)
- A redesigned piston reduces compression forces at high-speeds. The increased oil flow results in a smoother feeling shock at high shaft speeds, more control and better traction on the trail.
- An updated poppet valve design with o-ring and riveted shims create a better seal for a more refined lockout feel.
- Additional beginning-stroke rebound shaft port with dual-taper rebound needle results in increased oil flow for a wider range of adjustment. The rebound range now allows for more precise control over a broader range of riders’ weights.
The new OneLoc remote provides total control over your RockShox fork at your fingertips. The increased leverage at the bar translates in a smoother and easier actuation. Its countless mounting options (left and right, below or above the bar, tall or standard clamp) make it an ideal companion for SRAM’s drivetrain, brakes and RockShox’s Reverb remote. Available: May 2015
- More leverage at the bar
- Right/left, above/below mounting options
- Forks ship with right-above (left-below) remote
- OneLoc clears a Reverb remote and GripShift in both above and below mounting options.
- Replaces PushLoc remote
Light and Narrow – Who knew you could make a thru axle disappear? The new Maxle Stealth offers a light, low profile alternative to Maxle Lite and Maxle Ultimate. Available: May 2015
- New, tooled Maxle option available in 15×100,15×110 and 15×150 sizes.
- Weight: 37g – Almost 50% weight saving over a standard Maxle Lite
- Easy installation with an 6mm Allen wrench
- Available as an upgrade for SID, Reba, Revelation, Bluto and Pike.
RS-1 27.5 and new color option
25 years after the original RS-1, the fork that revolutionized mountain biking, RockShox does it again. A chassis design never seen before, which integrates the fork’s steerer tube, crown and legs into a single carbon mainframe. The all-new Accelerator Damper, which combines incredible small bump performance with an ultra-efficient lockout. And Predictive Steering, a reimagined interface between hub and dropouts which enabled us to create an inverted fork light enough for XC racing and stiff enough for trail riding. For 2015 the RS-1 family grows with the addition of a 27.5 model, and a new Gloss White color option. Available: June 2015
- Dedicated 27.5” model with 42mm offset chassis in 100 and 120mm travel options
- 29” and 27.5” version both get new color option: Gloss White
Words & Photos: RockShox Press Release