Bike Festival Riva | The Full Steel Caminade ONE4ALL
At Bike Festival Riva, we spotted this 27.5” Caminade ONE4ALL and had to take it aside for a closer look. Caminade boast this is the only full suspension bike made entirely of steel on the market, with a 100% French manufacturing process.
Attention to detail on the frame extenuates the high level of care/pride Caminade have in their products, and with all joints welded and rubbed down by hand, you know the frame is rivalling the quality of high-end carbon, plus, weighing in at approximately 3.3kg, isn’t too far off the weight, either. With SR-Suntour and Caminade being geographically located 5km from each other, a collaboration must’ve seemed inevitable, hence why the majority of components seen on the frame are sourced from SR-Suntour. Spotted with new technology, the ‘Unair’ rear shock, due for release in 2016 from the French component manufacturer, the ONE4ALL comes as standard with an Epixon RC rear shock and comes equipped with a not so ground-breaking SR-Suntour Auron front fork.
Taking a leaf from the popular Trek Project One, full customization is available starting at an additional €200, ranging from colour of the frame to your own personalised graphics. All Caminade bikes comes with an owner to owner lifetime guarantee, along with the option of reconditioning to make your bike sparkle like new.
- Bottom Bracket: BSC 73MM
- Head Tube: Reynolds 44MM Diameter for tapered or non tapered fork (1″ 1/8)
- Rear Wheel: 142x12MM Syntace X12 Axle
- Seatpost: 31.6MM diameter with integrated collar
- Adjustable Seatpost: Cable stops for height adjustable seatpost
- Suspension Links: 7075T6 CNC Black anodized aluminium
- Suspension Bearing: 626-2RS Sealed Bearing
- Screw: Stainless Steel
- Down Tube: Reynolds 853 DZB Triple Butted 38MM
- Seat Tube: Own Caminade steel tube made in France 33MM
- Top Tube: Own Caminade steel tube made in France 33MM
- Rear Shock: SR-SUNTOUR Epixon RC
- Front Derailleur: Non Available – Use only in mono ring
- Weight: 7.2 LBS (3.3kg) Frame & Rear Shock
Prices start at €2199 for the frame, with optional goodies costing a bit extra.
For more info, visit: caminade.com
Photos: Sebastian Hermann Words: Andrew Richardson