How to Win a World Cup Race, Cooling, Protein & More – Ask a Cycling Coach 206
What it takes to win a World Cup STXC race, a deep dive on how the body cools itself, how cyclists should be using protein and BCAA, and much more in Episode 206 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- (2:50) Chloe Woodruff’s World Cup STXC win!
- (5:45) Advice for cyclists with diabetes
- (10:20) How to pace an ultra-distance race
- (15:40) Why more people should do low-volume plans
- (21:35) Hacks and tips for fitting in training with a busy schedule
- (31:00) Do topical skin products affect cooling?
- (33:40) A deep dive on cooling
- (44:05) Are baselayers effective?
- (48:30) A deep dive on protein and BCAA for cyclists
- (1:05:00) Understanding race prioritization
- (1:11:55) Returning from a crash
- (1:32:35) When should you use solid foods on the bike?
- (1:40:10) How to be fast for an entire race series
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Full Transcription of Podcast
Please note this is an automated transcription and is prone to error. If you have any questions, please reference the timestamps in the podcast or video for further clarification. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Transcription to be added after recording.