Athlete Interviews: Keegan Swenson – Stan’s Pivot Pro Team
Keegan Swenson is one of the best cross-country MTB racers in the USA, and is currently focused on earning a spot to the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan. I’ve never met anybody who approaches the training process with so much enthusiasm and optimism, and I think we can all learn from that in this interview. Enjoy the podcast, and be more like Keegan!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Keegan’s ideal dinner before a race
- Sleep hacks to deal with sleeping in different places
- Keegan’s morning routine
- Does spinning on race morning help or hinder your race performance?
- Ride or Drive to the Venue?
- What is the best pre-race breakfast?
- Keegan’s warmup music and routine
- How Keegan gets “in the zone” on race day
- Does visualizing the course help you during the race?
- Keegan’s Sea Otter race recap
- How to prioritize training vs rest/recovery
- Recovery tips from Keegan
- How to fit strength training into your cycling training
- Keegan’s favorite place to ride
- What Keegan likes to treat himself with after a successful race
- Why Keegan wishes he did consistent strength training when he started racing
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.