Support Trails & Win a Caletti with Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz
Donate big and win big, all while supporting the trails you ride.
One lucky supporter will get a custom steel Caletti Cycles frame in the Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz’s “Support Trails & Win a Caletti” campaign. MBOSC is non-profit trail stewardship and advocacy organization that works to improve trail access in Santa Cruz. Donors receive one entry for every $10 donated to MBOSC between now and May 4 when a winner will be selected. The winner then gets to work with John Caletti, frame builder and owner of Caletti Cycles, on a custom steel frame. The winner can choose any frame model that Caletti Cycles offers. Donations can be made at www.mbosc.org/win-a-caletti.
This campaign is part of Caletti Cycles’ sponsorship of the Santa Cruz Old Cabin Classic, which is a cross country mountain bike race and festival hosted by MBOSC as a benefit for trail development in Santa Cruz. The fourth annual Old Cabin Classic will be held on May 4, 2019, in Wilder Ranch State Park.
“The Old Cabin Classic is such an important part of mountain bike culture here in Santa Cruz, “ said John Caletti, frame builder and owner of Caletti Cycles. “The event brings the community together in a really fun way, and it’s amazing that the proceeds go towards building and maintaining trails in Santa Cruz. I wanted to help bring in even more funds to support this great cause. Our goal is to raise $15,000 through this campaign, which would be so amazing for trails in this area. I can’t wait to build a special frame for the lucky winner!”
What are the plans for the donations?
MBOSC continues to work towards its vision to make Santa Cruz County the best place to be a trail user through advocacy, trail construction, maintenance, and world-class cycling events. MBOSC’s current projects include:
- City of Santa Cruz Parks Master Plan 2030: MBOSC has been working closely with the City of Santa Cruz to make trail-use studies a priority project in the Master Plan.
- Glenwood Open Space Preserve: MBOSC is leading trail design and construction of 3 miles of multi-use trails and 3 miles of hiking trails in Scotts Valley.
- West Engelsman Reroute: MBOSC is partnering with State Parks on the design and construction of new sustainable singletrack to replace a badly eroded fireroad.
- Dig Days: Dig Days are MBOSC’s premier volunteer trail work events, where 75+ volunteers attend 8-10 events to maintain trails in Wilder Ranch State Park, Pogonip, and Soquel Demonstration State Forest.
- Pump Track Construction and Maintenance: MBOSC builds and maintains many local pump tracks, including assisting in the construction of the Pinto Lake Pumptrack in Watsonville.
- Cotoni-Coast Dairies National Monument: MBOSC mobilized the public to engage in the BLM’s pre-planning process for access to the Cotoni-Coast Dairies National Monument.
- San Vicente Redwoods: MBOSC led the design of a 30+ mile trail network and expects to lead trail construction when it begins late 2019.
“The Old Cabin Classic wouldn’t be possible without support from California State Parks,” said MBOSC Marketing and Events Director Amanda Schaper. “We are very fortunate that MBOSC has such a strong, positive partnership with the local State Parks district. The West Engelsmans Reroute project that we are currently finishing in Wilder Ranch State Park was funded by Old Cabin Classic, and Caletti Cycles’ partnership in the ‘Support Trails and Win a Caletti’ campaign will help us bring even more great singletrack to this area.”
Check out the bikes from the masters at Caletti at www.caletticycles.com
A winner will be selected at the Santa Cruz Old Cabin Classic on Saturday, May 4, 2019.
Check out MBOSC and make your winning donation at www.mbosc.org
The post Support Trails & Win a Caletti with Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz appeared first on Mountain Bike Review.