Race Report | Stage #2 Italian Enduro Cup – San Piero
On May 3rd, San Piero kicked off the second stage of the Italian Enduro Cup. Split into a local series and the Italian Cup, the Enduro Race and Coppa Italia Enduro, the latter comprised 42km of technical downhill, twinned with 1720 metres of descent, whilst the locals endured a slightly shorter 35km course with 1400 metres of descent.
For the Males, an ample assortment of 270 riders took part, clocking overall times between 55:03 and 18:44. Out in the lead, Alex Lupato of FRM Factory Racing Team took the win, with a notable 15 second gap to second place Nicola Casadei of Team AIROH-AXO-SANTACRUZ.
The females encumbered a considerably closer affair, involving a total of six riders and an overall 5 minute gap between first and last. Louise Paulin from Alien Factory set the pace for the Females, earning the win with a 01:51 minute gap to second place Valentina Macheda of IBIS Life Cycle ASD.
- Mens 1st place: Alex Lupato – FRM Factory Racing Team
- Mens 2nd place: Nicola Casadei – Team Airoh-Axo-Santacrux
- Mens 3rd place: Denny Lupato – Tribe Team
- Womens 1st place: Louise Paulin – Alien Factory
- Womens 2nd place: Valentina Macheda – IBIS Life Cycle ASD
- Womens 3rd place: Laura Rossin – Tracce Team
For more info visit endurorace.net
Photos: Mario Pierguidi Words: Andrew Richardson