OneUp Components Release 44t Cog and SRAM Direct Mount Ring
After a successful start with their extended-range 1×10 speed kits, OneUp sets their sights on the 1×11 market, offering two products to compliment SRAM’s popular drivetrains.The first is a massive, 44 tooth cog (2 more than SRAM’s standard) and a direct-mount, narrow-wide chainring.
X-Cog 44T Sprocket for XX1/X01
If you spend a lot of time on your 42t sprocket, you’ll probably find that it is wearing out faster than the others. That’s because it is made from aluminum, while the rest of the SRAM X-DOME cassette is steel. The good news is the largest sprocket can be removed and replaced separately from the rest of the cassette, saving you money.
The extra two teeth of the OneUp Components Cog gives rider an lower granny gear without sacrificing top gear speed. This makes it ideal for enduro racers looking to conserve energy between timed runs.
- Price: $90 USD
- Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Compatibility: SRAM XX1 and X01 (Not compatible with X1 or GX fully pinned cassettes)
- Colours: Black, Green
SDM (SRAM Direct Mount) Narrow wide chainrings
For those running a SRAM crank with a removable chainring spider, the direct mount ring can be used to save weight while looking nice and simple! It also allows for the use of smaller chainrings, ideal if you find yourself in the lowest gear too often.
- Perfect 49mm chainline for a quieter drivetrain, improved chainring wear and best no drop performance
- Aggressive crud chamfers for awesome mud shedding performance and extended ring life
- Reinforced wide tooth design provides maximum ring durability when run without a bash guard
- Machined from hard wearing 7075-T6 aluminum plate
Words: Tyler Malcomson Photos: OneUp Components