News | North American Enduro Tour Adds California Stop
North American Enduro Tour returns for its 5th season with three new races and its 1st Californian event.
As the popularity of enduro racing continues to grow, so too does the North American Enduro Tour, with new stops in California, Colorado and a new race date for Whistler.
The 2015 tour has added the Northstar Enduro, a race held in Northstar California Resort in the California Enduro Series, and the Enduro X at Steamboat, a race held in Steamboat Springs, Colorado from the Enduro X Series.
“This is the first time the tour has included a race in California. We’re really excited to add this race, and the new stop in Colorado, and to offer a tour with such varied terrain,” says Darren Kinnaird, North American Enduro Tour board member.
Whistler will kick off the nine-stop tour with the SRAM GO Enduro, an event taking part as one component of the ski resort’s Great Outdoors Festival, GO Fest.
The stops on the Oregon Enduro Series, Big Mountain Enduro and the Enduro Cup races will all be back for this fifth season of the tour.
NAET is the North American answer to the Enduro World Series, offering a platform for top U.S. and Canadian enduro athletes to prove themselves against the best on the continent. It also serves as a stepping stone to competing in the EWS.
- May 16 Whistler, British Columbia
- June 20-21 Hood River, Oregon (Oregon Enduro Series)
- June 27-28 Sun Valley, Idaho (Enduro Cup)
- July 11-12 Keystone, Colorado (Big Mountain Enduro Series)
- August 15 Canyons Resort, Utah (Enduro Cup)
- August 22-23 Steamboat, Colorado (Enduro X)
- August 29-30 Northstar, California (California Enduro Series)
- September 5-6 Winter Park, Colorado (Big Mountain Enduro Series)
- September 12-13 Mt. Hood, Oregon (Oregon Enduro Series)
Registration for all events can be found on the individual events’ websites. For more information and for the latest news, please see naetmtb.com