News | MAGURA Reveals Limited-Edition Raceline MT7
From May 2015, the MAGURA MT7 will be available in Raceline neon yellow, a throwback to their legendary hydraulic rim brakes. Following last year’s MT7 Raceline edition pilot project which provoked a massive response, for this season they have created a strictly limited aftermarket version.
Not only did the MT7 receive a Design & Innovation Award from us, the very similar MT5 won our brake grouptest in Issue #015. Its supreme braking power, fade resistance and modulation impressed us in the lab and on the trail. We also visited their headquarters (also in Issue #015) in Bad Urach, Germany to get an inside look at their manufacturing and design process.
It was in the early ‘90s that MAGURA pro riders first raced with hydraulic brakes in neon yellow, and enthusiastic fans of the brand soon followed suit on the race circuits and trails. In 1996, Bart Brentjens took the first ever Olympic Gold Medal for MTB racing in Atlanta, USA, thanks in no small part to his reliable and powerful Raceline brakes.
The actual version of the MT7 has some impressive high-tech features alongside these traditional MAGURA virtues – from a super-lightweight brake lever housing made from exclusive Carbotecture® SL to the ergonomic two-finger brake lever with reach and optional bite point adjustment, to the forged four-piston brake caliper and magnetiXchange brake pads for super-easy pad changes. And you won’t be surprised to hear that it weighs in at just 375 grams.
Worldwide, only 2000 of the MT7 Raceline edition will be produced – and distributed for retail at € 259 from May 2015 on.
MT7 Raceline features:
- Carbotecture® SL brake lever housing and aluminium handlebar clamp in neon yellow
- Ergonomic, 2-fingerbrake lever
- adjustment of lever reach and bite point (optional, included in package)
- forged 4-piston brake caliper with banjo
- magnetiXchange brake pistons for easy brake pad replacement
- weight: 375 g
- compatible with all MAGURA Storm and Storm SL discs
- Warranty: 5-year leakproof guarantee for brake levers and cylinders after providing the original proof of purchase.
Words: MAGURA, Tyler Malcomson
Photos: Klaus Kneist, MAGURA