News | Isle of Man – Two Day Gravity Enduro Announced
The Manx Gravity Enduro team are pleased to announce that they will be hosting the first ever 2day Gravity Enduro in the south of the Isle of Man, it is our second year of running events here, all past competitions have proved popular and the sport has seen major growth.
The event will be run with similar length and severity to a day of a UKGE event, what makes are event stand out is that it’s 2 full days for £50, there are 10 separate stages, food, a beer and tee shirt included, also it’s in the wonderful Isle of Man.
- Event date 15th and 16th August 2015
- Start times- 15th (Sat) 1pm and Sunday 16th 10.00 am
- 10 separate marked single track stages (5 per day).
- The event center will have camping, hook-up, showers, bar, free wifi, and breakfast is available.
- There is a pub and restaurant 600m from the campsite.
- All stages will be open for practice Thursday 13th August 2015
- Mileage per day approx 22 (35k) per day. Ascent approx 3400 ft (1030m) Time limit approx 4.5 hrs
- Maximum entry 200
- Entry fee £50 – Enter via www.manxtreme.com
- Timing – Electronic si dibbers.
- Classes – Male -Junior, Senior, masters, vets, grand vets. Plus a female class.
- Ferry costs – approx £40 for foot passenger and bicycle. For cars and vans see iom steam packet website.
- Included in the entry fee will be the following – Event tee shirt, pasta meal and a beer at the finish, Inward luggage transfer for competitors traveling without a car/van. Outward- coach and trailer will be provided to get you to the ferry terminal Sunday evening.
- Prizes will be provided- top 3 in each class.
More details can be found on Manx Gravity Enduro facebook page.
Words: Steve Collins Photos:Tony Lloyd-Davies