News | GoPro Adds Touchscreen to Entry-Level Camera Lineup
GoPro have been dominating the POV action market since time began. Recording us shredding trails and tricking jumps, but at the same time and unfortunately for some, capturing wipe outs and embarrassing moments whilst we attempt to get something decent on camera… Well, good news comes from the global giant that is set to rocket them further ahead in the field as they’re upgrading their base model, the HERO, with a touchscren LCD. Read the official press release below and find out about what GoPro has to say about the newest addition to their product lineup.
GoPro, Inc., enabler of some of today’s most immersive and engaging content, has announced the availability of its new HERO+ LCD camera. Capturing life-like high definition 1080p60 video and 8MP photos, the HERO+ LCD features a convenient touch display for easy shot framing, settings control and access to an all-new in-camera video trimming feature. Like the entry-level HERO, the HERO+ LCD is built directly into its waterproof housing. The simplicity of this all-in-one design now combines with expanded features to make capturing life’s memorable moments easier than ever.
Rugged and waterproof to 131’ (40m), HERO+ LCD also includes advanced features like HiLight Tagging and in-camera video trimming to make it easier to identify and share your favorite moments. HiLight Tagging lets you mark key moments while recording and during playback so you can easily find them later, and the all-new video trimming feature allows you to create short clips in-camera for easier sharing without a computer.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® connect the HERO+ LCD to your GoPro App-enabled smartphone or tablet for easy camera control and shot preview when your camera is mounted or out of reach. The GoPro App also allows for easy content sharing to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more and combines with the new in-camera video trimming feature to form a convenient content sharing solution.
“HERO+ LCD illustrates that even as we push the limits of life capture with bleeding-edge devices like the HERO4 Black, we’re also focused on delivering accessible, high-quality capture solutions to anyone wanting to GoPro,” said Nick Woodman, founder and CEO of GoPro.
Whether you are a first-time user or a GoPro veteran, the HERO+ LCD is an impressive capture solution. It combines GoPro’s famed image quality, versatility and durability with WiFi connectivity, long battery life and touch display convenience in an all-in-one design.
HERO+ LCD €329.99 MSRP – All-in-one awesome + touch-display convenience
- Professional-quality 1080p60 video and 8MP photo capture
- Touch display for convenient camera control, shot framing, and in-camera playback
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth enables connectivity to the GoPro App and Smart Remote
- HiLight Tagging lets you mark key moments while recording or during playback for quick editing
- In-camera video trimming allows you to create short clips for easy content sharing without a computer
- Power on and record automatically with the press of a single button with QuikCapture setting
- Long-lasting battery delivers approximately two hours of recording time
- Integrated housing design for simplicity and ease of use
- Supports microSD cards (at least Class 10 or UHS-I) up to 64GB
Words & Photos: Press Release